Many of our frequently asked questions can be found below but if you cannot find the answer that you are looking for, please use the contact form to submit an enquiry.
- Who can make a nomination?
- We would encourage everyone who has contact with schools to think about submitting an application form. Nominations can be made by anyone - headteachers, teachers, classroom assistants, parents, governors, pupils, business and employers working with schools, and the general public – simply by completing the application form by post or online.
- Who can be nominated?
- The Educate Awards are open to all Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Halton, Wirral, St Helens, West Lancashire, Lancashire and Cheshire, government funded and independent private educational establishments including primary, secondary and special needs schools. Teachers and headteachers are eligible for the individual categories.
For an individual award the nominated teacher must have qualified teacher status.
- Do I have to ask permission before nominating a school or teacher?
- No, we will check with headteachers in schools if the nomination gets to the final stages.
- Where can I make a nomination?
- By post to Educate Awards Nominations, 36 Henry Street, Liverpool L1 5BS
or online by filling in the application form.
- Do I need to send anything else in or provide evidence?
- No, our experienced judging panel will make decisions based on the information provided on your nomination form.
- How much work is involved in nominating someone?
- The nomination process has been streamlined to make entering quick and easy. All you need to do is complete both the nomination form and upload your Word document/photos online or post your nomination to Educate Awards Nominations, 36 Henry Street, Liverpool L1 5BS
- How many nominations can I make?
- You can make as many nominations as you wish. Please note however that nominations will be sifted, and finalists short-listed based on the content of the nominations rather than the number of nominations received.
- What happens after I have nominated?
- Once a nomination is submitted you will receive an e-mail confirming your nomination has been submitted successfully. Once nominations close, all entries will be assessed by a panel of judges against the relevant category criteria. From this, nominations will be shortlisted in each category. Following the completion of the judging process, the judges will determine the winner and two runners up in each category. At this stage the three finalists in each category and representatives of their school will be informed and invited along to the final awards ceremony.
- Does a large number of nominations for a school/teacher mean they are more likely to win?
- No, simply receiving a high number of votes does not mean an individual or school will automatically win an award, each nomination is judged independently.