The prestigious Educate Awards are back for 2019, with entries now open for schools and colleges across the region.
Founded by Kim O’Brien in 2012, the awards are the largest education awards in the North West.
From inspiring teachers, superb support staff to innovative projects across the curriculum, the Educate Awards are an opportunity for schools to showcase their credentials across a number of categories.
Since launching in Liverpool in 2012, the awards has grown rapidly and now recognises schools and colleges right across the Liverpool City Region, Cheshire, Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
In total there are 21 award categories, from Teacher of the Year, Career Aspiration, School Support Star of the Year and Outstanding Commitment to Sport.
A new category has also been introduced this year, recognising schools’ commitment to mental wellbeing. The Mental Health & Wellbeing Award will be awarded to a school with a strong commitment to promoting social and emotional wellbeing, mental health and wellness.
Kim O’Brien says: “We are so excited to open entries for the Educate Awards 2019 and begin our search for this year’s most inspirational schools, teachers and staff.
“The awards get bigger and bigger each year and are a fantastic opportunity to showcase the brilliant work happening in our region.
“We can’t wait to celebrate another year of outstanding education in the North West, so please get in touch and submit your entry!”
The awards are free to enter and open to all government funded and independent private educational establishments, including primary, secondary, further education providers and special needs schools in the Liverpool City Region, Cheshire, Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday 23 June 2019. The shortlist will be announced prior to the awards ceremony and the winners will be revealed on 15 November at Liverpool Cathedral.
For further information about our award categories and how to enter, go to educateawards.co.uk/educate-awards-categories.
- The Communication Award
- Eco School Project of the Year
- Spirit of Enterprise Award
- SEND Provision Award
- Innovative and Creative Literacy Award
- STEM Project of the Year
- Outstanding Arts in a Primary School
- Outstanding Arts in a Secondary School
- Career Aspiration Award
- Outstanding Commitment to Sport in a Primary School
- Outstanding Commitment to Sport in a Secondary School
- Community Partnership Award
- *NEW* Mental Health & Wellbeing Award *NEW*
- Innovation in Education Award
- School Support Star of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
- Leadership Team of the Year
- Most Inspirational 16-18 Education Provider
- Most Inspirational Secondary School
- Most Inspirational Primary School
- Wow Recognition Award